Voice Spotlight: Felix Wanyoike
Felix is one of our incredible Dwell voices, we’re so blessed to have him. From Kenya, Felix's warm and expressive voice keep you engaged as you listen to Scriptures. We asked him a few questions so you can get to know him a little more.
1. Tell us about your audition with Dwell; how you heard about it and the process of becoming a voice.
I found an ad on craigslist, and I got excited because it was a Bible App and it was something concerning the gospel. So many people had discouraged me because of my accent because I’m from Africa. But I love the Bible so much and I would read it out loud in church and people were really excited because I read with a lot of passion, so when I saw the ad I knew I had to audition. After that, everything changed. I met Jon and Josh and they were so welcoming and excited about my voice; I don’t think I’ve ever met two people who have such a passion for spreading the gospel.
2. Do you have something you do before you begin recording to get into a certain mindset?
I always have to get myself ready to travel through both the new and old testament. I feel as though I'm preparing my reading for the listener.
3. What is the biggest challenge of reading the entire Bible?
I get so excited about it, but it’s such a big book and it takes a long time, and I am looking forward to getting it out there for the listeners to begin to experience and change the world.
4. What do you do aside from one of the voices of Dwell?
I work at in a packing and shipping warehouse.
5. Have you ever done voice work before?
No, just reading in church.
Band: Hillsong United
Book of the Bible: John
Superhero movie: Superman
8. What is one thing you’ve learned since you started recording the Scriptures?
That the Scriptures are the Living Word. It applies to all parts of our lives, past present and future.
9. Has being involved with this project changed your outlook of the Bible?
Yes, I have learned to understand more about the Bible and I feel so excited that we are going to make a difference and spread the Word of Jesus Christ.